Unimaginable chatter and vast research have been going on worldwide for many decades up until now about Nanotechnology. This subject has so much limelight in this modern phase of technology and advancements. From being a chapter in a science fiction book to being a meticulously implemented reality, it indeed has come a long way. The credit of this massive success goes to all the applaud worthy researchers in the field.
Nanotechnology has begun to be the ultimate bliss for the world, with its application extended to numerous domains like robotics, mechanical engineering, information technology, chemistry, physics, biology, and whatnot. The pharmaceutical sector is not behind in cherishing the sweet fruits of this miraculous innovation. It has proven to be promising in the future and a boom in the present times of health needs and more.
Can Nanotechnology prevail over pharmaceuticals?
There have been indefinite numbers of conversing around this topic. Until now, people could not believe the existence of nanotechnology, let alone its efficacy. It was just a fictional story for many. However, with time, dedicated efforts, extensive studies, intelligent scientists, and the will to bring revolution in medicine, it has become a powerful reality.
The following list and explanation can help you to decide on the above question.
- Dental Ease- People ignore and dread visits to a dentist. The fear of the dentistry tools and machines had kept millions away from dental appointments. Relief from regular pharmaceutical painkillers is often short lived. So, patients continue to ask for a permanent and friendly remedy. Nanotechnology has certainly granted their wishes and have made tooth treatments pain-free. Its benefits include easier realignment, renaturalization, implants, and root canal fixes to name a few.
- Improved Surgeries- Thankfully, the inclusiveness of nanoparticle drugs in surgical procedures has helped to achieve a great success rate in heart and other transplants. The injectable procedures has become easier and more effective with the help of nanotechnology. Earlier, surgeons would find it difficult to perform operations due to clogging or inability to reach deeper parts of the body.
- Therapeutic Properties- The focus of the medicinal industry has always been on the physical pains and problems of the human body. Mental issues have never found a place in these past times. However, this concerning topic has been surfacing in recent times. There are either no drugs for curing mental sickness, or they come at the cost of addiction. If successful, nanotechnology can lead the way to better mental health therapy.
- Hopeful Cures- Pioneering technologists and erudite scientists are working together aiming to find a cure for what remains lethal to human health. Diseases like eczema, cancer, AIDS, and many others are infamous for taking lives and having no definite treatment. The existing pharmaceutical drugs have still not found a remedy. But the nanotechnologists are high in hopes to get a promising medication for such destructive illnesses.
- Efficient Outcomes- The ongoing pharmaceutical treatments are sluggish, inefficient, and even difficult to administrate. Surgeries, implants, biopsies, and all other clinical methods get cumbersome to be performed. They may or may not work for all the patients equally. On the other side, nanotechnology can target the right spots due to the presence of its nanoparticles, thereby giving better results.
- Side Effects- It is no shock that pharmaceutical drugs come with numerous side effects. These can include weight gain, appetite loss, fatigue, gastric problems, and countless other many other health issues that have been reported. But the advanced technology of nanoscience is expected to sideline this disadvantage and come with cures to avoid the side effects.
- Removed Hindrances- Another biggest concern remains to be the intake or treatment of the right pharmaceutical element. Sadly, it has been recorded that the patients had no symptoms of a disease in which it could have been treated, if detected earlier. Cancer or the prevailing Covid-19 illnesses are the notorious examples of late detection. Better imaging via nanotechnology can help to trace such lethal diseases earlier for a prompt remedy.
- Reduced Steps- Since the regular approach of pharmaceuticals is so full of ifs and buts, the patient has to go through long strenuous experiments to know what works out best for their treatment. But, nanotechnology is engineered so the minutest pores in the human body can be reached in no time. The sample preparation is as minimalistic as possible, thereby eliminating unnecessary steps in the curative procedure.
Nanomedicine is also expected to be the most adaptive and effective way of medicinal delivery. Injecting without the use of the needles is one of the biggest examples in this tangent.
Millions are already availing many products and techniques based on this marvelous advancement of people. It is a relatively new field that is still in progress and will positively revolutionize the health and medicine sector.